Accounting and Finance
£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
The aim of this unit is to develop learner ability to exercise the techniques and to make value added decisions in terms of corporate strategy and finance based on sound theoretical concepts. Further it enhances the contribution to the formulation of business strategy, creation of comprehensive business development plans, bringing together their specialist accounting and finance skills as well as the strategic management learning of the unit.
Introduction to the module
Introduction to Strategic Management and Financial Strategy
The Impact of Resource Decisions on the Organization's Performance and Effectiveness
The Role of Culture on Strategy, Managing Change
Applying Stakeholder Analysis
Corporate and Business Valuation Techniques
Performance Measurement Systems and Financial Analysis Techniques
1. Understand and critically appraise the significance of strategic management and decision making to the performance of the organisation and apply and critique the various forms of internal and external business and strategic analysis and formulation
2. Understand and evaluate the key financial theories relevant to financial decision makingand critical application of strategic implementation techniques inclusive of balance scorecard and portfolio management tools
3. Evaluate the role of culture on strategy, includingmanaging change and be able to analyse the effects
4. Evaluate and apply stakeholder analysis
5. Critically evaluate corporate and business valuation techniques
6. Evaluate performance measurement systems for an organisation and application of problem solving and financial analysis techniques to strategic business problems
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.