£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
This course will equip learners with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles governing land law. The course aims to enable learners to appreciate the scope of estates and interests in land and their method of protection.
Learners will explore the meaning of real property, the types of legal and equitable interests in land, the principles of registration and its purpose and the rules behind the operation of selected proprietary rights.
Introduction to land law
The registration of land
1. Understand the nature of interests in real property
2. Understand the concept and application of proprietary estoppel
3. Understand the nature and purpose of easements
4. Understand the nature and purpose of freehold covenants
5. Understand the application of adverse possession
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.