The overall aim of this course is to prepare participants for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification by discussing the exam's requirements and analyzing the format of its questions. Participants will get the opportunity to practice many similar exam questions. The course also aims at assisting participants in understanding the new structure of PMP® exam in addressing the people, process and business environment domains.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Determine project team member requirements, appraise team skills, maintain team knowledge transfer, define project ground rules, determine a negotiation strategy and support team task accountability.
- Assess project needs, plan and manage the scope, schedule, budget, resources and quality of the deliverables and integrate project planning activities.
- Assess and manage risks, execute the project, manage communications, engage stakeholders, create project artifacts, manage project changes and confirm approach for knowledge transfers.
- Inspire, motivate, and influence team member/stakeholders Support diversity and inclusion, value servant leadership, determine an appropriate leadership style, and analyze team members and stakeholders' influence.
- Determine necessary approach and action to address compliance needs, evaluate delivery options to achieve benefits and value, continually review internal and external business environment, evaluate the impact of the project to the organization and determine required actions and execute continuous improvement steps.
Project managers, members of project offices, project sponsors, functional managers, senior management and individuals interested in PMP® certification. Meirc has been reviewed and approved by the PMI® Authorized Training Partner Program. This course is worth 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Creating a high-performing team
- Build a team
- Define team ground rules
- Negotiate project agreements
- Empower team members and stakeholders
- Train team members and stakeholders
- Engage and support virtual teams
- Build shared understanding about a project
Starting the project
- Determine appropriate project methodology/methods and practice
- Plan and manage scope
- Plan and manage budget and resources
- Plan and manage schedule
- Plan and manage quality of products and deliverablesIntegrate project planning activities
- Plan and manage procurement
- Establish project governance structure
Doing the work
- Assess and manage risks
- Execute project to deliver business value
- Manage communications
- Engage stakeholders
- Create project artifacts
- Manage project changes
- Manage project issues
- Ensure knowledge transfer for project continuity
Keeping the team on track
- Lead a team
- Support team performance
- Address and remove impediments, obstacles and blockers
- Manage conflicts
- Collaborate with stakeholders
- Mentor relevant stakeholders
- Apply emotional intelligence to promote team performance
Keeping the business in mind
- Manage compliance requirements
- Evaluate and deliver project benefits and value
- Evaluate and address internal and external business environment changes
- Support organizational change
- Employee continuous project improvement