Accounting and Finance
£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
The aim of this unit is to ensure that the learner can exercise techniques and decide on decisions that add value in terms of corporate finance based on sound theoretical concepts. In addition, the unit helps the learner to present and interpret financial information in a recognised format and to work independently to solve the problems arising within the specified time given. It also endures that the learning can be applied to the practical context.
Introduction to the module
The global business environment factors
What is the current value statement of the organization
The sources of finance
What is global risk?
Identify the potential investment strategy
1. Identify the concept of globalisation and evaluate the investment process involved in relation to globalisation
2. Evaluate the impact of global business environment on the national and multinational organisations
3. Evaluate and recommend strategies which will result in the enhancement of the value on an organisation
4. Be able to evaluate the financial consequences of strategic decisions and presentation of report to the management
5. Identify appropriate sources of finance and evaluate the risk involved and the cost of in managing the global risk
6. Identify and explain suitable techniques to manage global risk
7. Critical assess potential investment decisions available and the strategies applied in the global environment
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.