£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
This course will equip learners with knowledge of the general foundations of constitutional and administrative law, with a particular focus on the main elements of the United Kingdom’s constitution. The unit will enable learners to identify the significance of the separation of power and the sovereignty of Parliament, as well as the importance of human rights norms. Learners will also be introduced to the basic principles of administrative law and judicialreview process.
The UK Constitution and its Core Institution
Understanding the Separation Power
The Rule of Law and the Parliamentary Sovereignty
The Composition and Operation of the Legislature and UK Governments
The Nature of the Judicial Review Process
1. Understand the sources of law
2. Understand the principles of legal interpretation
3. Understand the structure of the legal profession, the judiciary, the jury and magistrates
4. Understand the civil and criminal justice system and the alternative methods of dispute resolution
5. Know how to use Legal Writing and Mooting Skills
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.