Human Resource Management
£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
The aim of this course is to provide learners ability to diagnose, analyse and solutions for problems arising in relation to leadership, management and development of human resource in a range of organisational contexts. Learners will be enabled to appraise the effectiveness of organisational strategies, processes and practices in efficient and effective leadership and management, also the contribution of HRM/HRD practitioners to organisational change.
HR’s role in leadership and management development
Impacts of HRM in development of leadership
Importance of human resource management
HRM organizational objectives development
Various theories of HRM
Relationship between human resources management and organizational performance
1. Understand the theoretical and conceptual basis for HRM and HRD in organisations and major contemporary developments in this area
2. Understand the nature of leadership and its contribution to individual, group and organisational development
3. Be able to evaluate the contribution of HRM and HRD functions in an organisation
4. Be able to promote professionalism and ethical approach to HRM and HRD practice in organisations
5. Understand how to promote a flexible working environment and effective change management practices
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.