Accounting and Finance
£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
The aim of this unit is to help learners in the preparation and interpretation of financial statements for a group of companies where they are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and to understand and evaluate the key aspects of accounting theory. On completion of the unit learners will be able to communicate complex numerical and qualitative information effectively and solve problems in a selective and critical manner.
Introduction to the module
Introduction to Corporate Finance
Accounting concepts and theories
Accounting Information and Theories
Implement Accounting Calculations and Information
1. Identify and understand the main sources of the regulatory framework
2. Explain the significance and the general impact of the regulatory framework on the businesses
3. Identify and assess accounting concepts and theories
4. Understand how to implement accounting calculations and information
5. Critically evaluate accounting information
6. Be able to study and criticise on specific accounting regulations
7. Identify and appraise key accounting policies and practices within corporate accounting
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.