£2360 (£1600 during the tuition waiver period)
This course aims to equip learners with knowledge and understanding of the key principles of contract law, such as: validity of contract; terms of contract; vitiating elements that affect the validity of the contract; the ways in which the contract can come to an end and remedies for breach of contract available.
Learners will gain an appreciation to the significance of contract law in commercial, consumer and social contexts.
The formation of a contract
The contents of a contract
The rights and liabilities of third parties
Discharge & remedies
1. Understand the principles of formation of agreements
2. Understand the rules that govern the content of a contract
3. Understand the vitiating elements that may affect the validity of a contract
4. Understand how a contract can be discharged
5. Understand the remedies available for breach of contract
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for a 50% scholarship upon writing a personal statement. All scholarships are to be approved by the Academic Board. The list of countries are: Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines, Bhutan, Morocco, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Laos, Cambodia, India, Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal and South Africa. Please talk to your student counselor and ask for the Coupon Code to get the 50% Tuition Waiver.
To pass the unit a 40% overall grade must be achieved.